Specialist Operational Response – Qatar
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC)
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC)is the main provider of secondary and tertiary healthcare in Qatar and one of the leading hospital providers in the Middle East and manages 12 hospitals – nine specialist hospitals and three community hospitals – as well as the National Ambulance Service and home and residential care services.
This project was aimed at improving the Ebola and Coronavirus Emergency Medical Preparedness and Response for the national ambulance Service.
Although the country has a fully developed special operations response capability there was an emergent requirement to develop the Ebola and (MERS) Coronavirus capability in light of global events. The project was broken in to seven key phases as follows;
- Phase 1– Risk assessment
- Phase 2– Capability and capacity audit
- Phase 3– Scheme of work development
- Phase 4– Capability enhancement planning
- Phase 5– Policy, procedure and practice enhancement
- Phase 6– Resource procurement advisory
- Phase 7– Training of specialist medical response staff